We're looking for
Food Fortification and Processing Consultants (Nigeria, Kenya, and Tanzania)
The Strengthening African Processors of Fortified Foods (SAPFF) program, a partnership between TechnoServe and Partners in Food Solutions (PFS), aims to develop the capacity and competitiveness of local food processing companies and promote good manufacturing practices. This includes improved compliance on national food fortification mandates in Nigeria, Tanzania and Kenya.
TechnoServe is seeking experts and specialists in several areas of food processing and marketing. The consultants will support the development and implementation of technical assistance projects for various clients in the food processing sector, primarily cereal milling (wheat flour and maize flour), edible oil refining, salt processing and sugar refining. The consultants will be expected to work in close coordination with the client company to provide specific solutions to their business challenges.
TechnoServe is therefore seeking interest from professionals with extensive experience in one or more of the areas listed below:
- Conduction process and business audits and bottleneck analysis for process optimization
- Quality Management Systems including QAQC of Food Fortification and Food Safety
- Supply chain analysis and optimization
- Food/product marketing strategy development
- Training and capacity building related to food safety and quality, good manufacturing practices and business development
- New product development
- Food labeling Specialists for:
a. Wheat flour milling
b. Maize milling
c. Salt processing
d. Edible oil refining
e. Sugar processing and refining
Consultants will be engaged on a project-needed basis with assignments in multiple locations. The assignments will include remote assistance projects where the consultants could work from their home base to some that may require field travel.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
You will have:
- At least 10 years of professional relevant experience in food processing and marketing with at least 7 years direct experience within large to medium sized private sector food enterprises.
- Master’s Degree in Food Technology and Processing, Process/Chemical Engineering, Food Science, Business Administration or related field. Experts with a Bachelor’s degree and extensive work experience may be considered.
- Experience in developing countries is preferred
- Exceptional organizational and communications skills
- Extensive experience in conducting factory or business audits and proven track record of delivering projects that have demonstrated results
- Must be fluent in English, knowledge of other local languages would be an asset
We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Click “Apply Now” to complete a short application and upload your resume and cover letter. Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. No phone calls, please.
TechnoServe encourages diversity in all levels and across all facets of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.